Bed Bug Thermal Heat Treatments
If you’re a homeowner, property or hotel manager, or anyone involved in dealing with bedbug problems where your current treatment methods are just not eliminating the bedbugs, then you are a perfect candidate for heat treatment. Heat treatments are usually effective in one application. Heat has the ability to kill bedbugs within seconds once exposed to temperatures in excess of 120 F.
Why Use Thermal Heat Treatments For Bed Bugs?
The benefits of using Round The Clock Pest Controls heat treatment process:
- Less use of pesticides.
- Control of bedbugs within a room or unit.
- The ability to resolve problematic units.
- The ability to kill pesticide-resistant bedbugs.
- Complete bedbug elimination of all stages of bedbugs life, including eggs, nymphs, and adults—therefore, in most cases, requiring only one treatment, and less disruption to occupants.
- The ability for heat to find all bedbug hiding spots that cannot be accessed by other treatment methods, such as pesticides on their own, steam, vacuum, or Cryonite.
- The ability to kill bedbugs that hide in sensitive items, such as electronic equipment such as, (TVs, computers, and stereos), delicate fabrics, or furniture that pesticides or steam cannot treat as it may damage these items.
- A greener, more sustainable approach to bedbug eradication.
Why Heat Treatment Works Best to Kill Bed Bugs
Here are some of the most drastic differences between using thermal treatment vs conventional bed bug treatments:
- Kills adults, nymphs, and eggs.
- Only one treatment is required.
- Very minimal preparation.
- Treatment can be focused or tailored to a specific area.
- The room returned to normal use within hours.
- Non-chemical, no toxic fumes, and no residue—our heat process is safe and does not involve open flames or propane.
- Kills bed bugs inside mattresses and box springs.
- Almost 100% Effective at eliminating all bed bugs.
- Kills adults and nymphs—does not kill eggs.
- Requires multiple treatments to be effective.
- Requires extensive preparation.
- The room will be out of service for days or even weeks.
- Requires intensive application.
- Often requires the replacement of furniture or numerous and extensive treatments to restore.
- Has very limited effectiveness.
The Thermal Remediation® equipment Round The Clock Pest Control uses, targets temperatures during the treatment process to be between 120-140°F. These are the temperatures necessary for heat to penetrate bed bug harbor age areas. This safe, effective, and environmentally friendly process uses dry heat to kill the entire life cycle of bed bugs while reducing the application of pesticides.
Our Specialty Trucks
Round The Clock Pest Control’s newest weapon in the war on bed bugs. This box truck was custom-made by Thermal Remediation Temp Air to haul and power the heaters needed to take care of all your bed bug needs.
Round The Clock Pest Control’s Box Truck is ideal for the heat treatment of bed bugs in single-family homes and multiple apartments, hotel rooms, and dorm rooms at one time. This 8-heater system can typically treat up to 2800 sq. ft. based on 6-8 hour treatment times. Treatment strategies do allow for larger settings.
How Does The Heat Treatment Work?
There are three keys to successful heat treatment:
1. Bring The Heat
Our electric heaters provide a sustainable approach to killing all stages of the bedbug life cycle.
- Electric Bed bug Heaters are placed within the space, introducing and recirculating heated air to achieve lethal temperatures.
- Provide safe heat distribution, as they are regulated not to exceed 140 F.
- Increase room temperature at a slow and even rate, attracting bedbugs toward the heat source, thus preventing them from dispersing into neighboring rooms.
- Increase room temperature at a slow and even rate, preventing damage to furniture, drywall, and other items in the room that other heat systems have been known to do.
- Are permitted to be used in any building, as they are not propane or kerosene powered.
- Are powered by a generator that is parked outside your building in a sound-insulated truck.
- Are capable of reaching suites in buildings 25 stories in height.
The effectiveness of our heat treatment is monitored by dozens of wireless temperature sensors, which transmit temperature data back to a remote computer terminal to insure we reach lethal temperatures without damaging the space and its contents. Ensuring that all areas or “zones” within a room, including furniture, closets, box springs, and any other potential bedbug hiding places are brought up to lethal temperatures of at least 120F—ensures temperatures never exceed 140F. This process allows us to record all temperature data in real-time intervals for all zones within a room for continual and post-evaluation reporting for our technicians, supervisors, and clients.
3. Move Air
Once we have achieved a lethal temperature to kill bedbugs, the heat needs to be moved around, similar to a conventional oven. In order to distribute the heat into all the hiding spots where bed bugs may be harboring, we use high-temperature fans to create a vortex of heated air throughout the bed bug-infested space, ensuring it gets into all cracks and crevices and high-infestation zones. With the gradual elevation of the temperatures, we can maximize our chances of success for complete bedbug elimination.
To further monitor our results, we will provide a follow-up K-9 inspection using one of our NESDCA-certified K-9 inspection teams, within 3-5 days after the treatment. A full report of our findings, including treatment and inspection reports, will be submitted to the homeowner, property, or hotel/motel manager for their records. This controlled source of heat is more efficient, effective, and safer than any other heat options on the market.
Areas We Service in CA
Round the Clock has you covered for all your pest control needs up and down the Pacific Coast of California. We’ve been in the industry since 2003, so we’ve had almost two decades to perfect the art of fast, effective, and ongoing pest control treatments.