Our Canine Detection Team
Our canine team is a vital part of our bed bug treatment program and team members include Toby, Baby, Herby, and Ozzy (in spirit). All of them are integral members of our team and are certified by the National Entomology Scent Detection Canine Association (NESDCA), a third-party certifying organization that upholds the highest standards of canine scent detection. A NESDCA certification represents the gold standard of quality for insect-sniffing dogs, which is why each of our bed bug dogs holds this certification!
Rescued from a Florida animal shelter and trained by Bill Whitstine of the Florida Canine Academy, Toby joined the Round the Clock team in December 2009. He came to us equipped with upwards of 800 hours of training. To ensure Toby was comfortable and working well with our team, Round the Clock President Robert Gallo worked with him in Los Angeles for several months before his first actual bed bug inspection.
Toby was evaluated by the nationally recognized expert from J & K Academy Pepe Peruyero in January 2012 and went on to pass his NESDCA certification with flying colors. He’s been a trusty member of our team since, helping us inspect homes, hotels, businesses, nursing homes, and more. Toby’s also earned his fair share of time in the media, from KCAL 9 News to Dog Days in LA Magazine.
Baby joined us in October 2011 after training with Pepe Peruyero of the J&K Academy. She was our first NESDCA Certified Bed Bug detection Canine and has pulled much more than her weight in helping identify bed bug infestations across California.
Our newest member of the team, Herby came onboard in January 2012. Like Baby, Herby was trained by preeminent canine trainer Pepe Peruyero, who personally recommended Herby as a good fit for the Round the Clock team. Herby came equipped with 4 additional months of training and—though he was a little shy initially—operates as an essential component of our bed bug dog squad. Herby was NESDCA certified in January of 2012.
Ozzy (In Memoriam)
Like Toby, Ozzy was a rescue dog trained at the Florida Canine Academy before joining the Round the Clock team. He was a crucial part of our work, serving alongside his canine brother Toby in sniffing out bed bugs all over Southern California. Unfortunately, Ozzy passed away in an accident on Sept. 29, 2011. We still consider him a member of the team, if only in spirit—we still miss our Ozzy!
Why Choose Our Canine Team?
Our Bed Bug Detection Canine program comes from over 15 years of research and development and has been clinically tested and proven to be 98% accurate by the University Of Florida.
For the past few years, Round the Clock has been anticipating the potentially high risk of bed bug outbreaks, and thanks to our skilled Bed Bug Detection Canine Teams we are able to identify and confirm infestations and provide preventative measures. Our aggressive and effective bed bug treatments eradicate them from the source.
We understand the frustration involved in finding a reliable company, but we can be an efficient and integral part of your current pest control management program. With regularly scheduled and thoroughly documented K-9 inspections, we can reduce your exposure to bed bug infestation and potential legal action. Early detection is the best method of prevention, and if there is a problem our K-9 Team will sniff it out! Accuracy guaranteed!
Constant Training, Immediate Detection, and On-The-Job Discretion
- To provide the highest quality of service our experienced staff and Our Bed Bug Detection Canine Teams are, professionally trained and NESDCA certified.
- Our Bed Bug Detection teams go through a rigorous training schedule daily, to only find LIVE Bed Bugs and Viable Eggs.
- Our Handlers work with our Bed Bug Detection Canines at our state-of-the-art training facility to insure maximum detection and are tested daily for accuracy. Live Bed Bugs are placed in sealed vials and are hidden in beds, couches, and other typical breeding spots where bed bugs can hide.
- Our Handlers work closely with our Bed Bug Detection Canines to ensure a comfort level between the dog and handler, so they can work efficiently together while doing Bed Bug inspections.
- Our Handlers are trained to efficiently understand canine behavior and have the knowledge and experience to identify and treat even the worst bed bug Infestation.
- These are professionally trained Bed Bug Detection dogs and will be quiet and discreet during inspections. When alerting to a potential problem, they are commanded to alert with their nose or paw. They do not bark or display invasive behavior. We understand the importance of discretion, privacy is our policy.
- Once the dogs identify an infestation, we perform a visual inspection to verify their findings and access the options for eradication. We will make recommendations based on the type of facility. For example, for multi-unit properties, the recommendation would be to vacate the infested unit and have the surrounding units available for examination. All alerts will be documented.
The K-9 Inspecting Team is an integral component of the Round the Clock Pest Control Inc., which has been successfully operating for almost ten years in the greater Los Angeles area and throughout the Southland.